Sunday, May 9, 2010

A TRIP TO MOUNT ABU


Today I had a great day. Me and my cousin went to Palanpur to my uncle house 150 km from Ahmedabad. Thanks to the ONGC 2 day holiday policy (Saturday & Sunday). I was really excited as I was visiting my uncle’s house after a very long time.
As soon as I reached there I was very happy to meet my cousin, aunt & uncle. Now a Question struck to my mind what to do next. Then I suddenly realized that I went to MOUNT ABU (A hill station) when I was small. I got the chance to rememorize the feeling of going to one of my favorite hill station.

MOUNT ABU is hill station 100 km from Palanpur. It Include 20 km steep route road Abu road to Mount Abu. Mount Abu is also world famous for its sweet “RABADI”. We had 2 cup each before going for steep route. The most exciting part, this time I got the chance to drive the car. As we have learned in our PROTON that “Always Grab the opportunity”. As I was a bit nervous, because I was about to drive a car after a long period. But I drove it nicely @ 120 km/hr.
Mount Abu is famous for one more historical incident. Maharana Pratap was onece visited mount for his war.

I saw “Nakki lake”. There is a small story behind it, people say that lake was built by the people with the help of their nails. They use to dig the lake with the help of their nails.

I also saw “ANADARA POINT” which was about 1000 feet above the ground. When I saw the view my mouth uttered only 3 words “what a view!!!” a view that I cant explain in words. Air was flowing at a speed of 36km/hr. Today I had a experience of what kate winslet and Leonardo Dicarpio had experienced in Titanic movie. off course my kate winslet was not there. I was standing at a tip of 1000 feet height, and was observing each and everything.

Mount abu is one of the popular hill station and one of the popular tourist place. Several tourists visit it every year. It also act as a source of revenue for the people. Almost I liked each and everything about mount abu its food, the people living there, antique shops offering antique things, sight seeing etc. but one thing I hate the most which is common to almost all the historical monuments in India.
The local people or the people belonging to that region are very careless and they take the importance of such a monument for granted. They make the surrounding untidy by throwing plastic bags and other waste materials. They write their names or their lover names on the walls. These things actually depreciate its importance. it also reflect the attitude of people.
A must visit places whenever you got a chance to visit Mount Abu: Honeymoon point, suicide point, sunset point, Delvada, Gurushikhar temple etc

Message to youngistaan:
1. Don’t show your creativity on our historical monuments.
2. These monuments has both economical and social importance. So don’t harm it.

At last, we returned home. I was too tired and had a great sleep. Now in the end it’s a small question from my side for Youngistaan regarding-“how to solve or reduce harm to our historic monuments”?

No comments:

Post a Comment